Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Monday, April 07, 2008

CRAFT UPDATE

I haven't spent much time with the knitting needles since my jaw and head needed regular attention the physio therapist over the last couple of months. I was told I could end the treatment and just stick to my excercises as of Easter, but I have had some serious spells of pain practically every day since then. Have tried to get a hold of the physio. since last week but to no avail. will try again tomorrow.


Here are photoes of knitting done since last time I showed anything of the sort.. And how far I've gotten on the needle point.



I made this hairband and neck warmer from the yarn my sister bought on sale for me.






It's quite heavy in my hands when I knit , so the few balls of yarn I have left is reserved for this sitting pad that I am going to felt after finishing the knitting.
















The needlepoint is my own design. I just drew on the fabric with my crayons and I had a lot of left over yarn from some earlier project- and some that I was given- and Kristin Nicholas designs kind of inspired me.





















I finished a dead boring washcloth that has been in my knitting basket for ages... Shadowknitting it's called, don't think I'll go for that technique very often. But the washcloth is absorbent and good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Kjempelekkert broderi:-D nydelige farger og de blomstene, stilige!

April 08, 2008 12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Flott broderi og resten av håndarbeidet også.
Ha en fin dag :-)

April 08, 2008 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home