Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Friday, February 22, 2008

Spring rain - in February

The weather forecast is so bad that we decided not to go to the cottage. They called for strong wind and maybe even rain in the mountains. If we end up spending most of the day inside, mignt as well do it at home...


Today I dragged the sewing machine out and got my circular knitting needles organized! YES!!! I have to buy a thingy for the top so i can hang it on the wall downstairs in the basement where I keep some of my supplies, but it'll be nice not having to tug them all apart in order to find the right one.


At the knitting cafe on Wednesday I finished this hat that I had started a while ago- and then I had tucked it away- and the scarf to go with it was finished before Christmas and displayed in this blog at the time.. Both the girls wore it once already!
I have used Hubro yarn and the pattern can be found here:

After I finished the hat I started on a teddy bear. I knit one like this right before Christmas and gave it to my youngest nephew- but forgot to take a picture of it. This was as far as I got on the knitting cafe that night:



















Last night I finished all the pieces that makes the head. This is a pattern that was featured in a Norwegian weekly magazine years ago. At the time I didn't even notice the name of the designer, but this time around I noticed it was DEBBIE BLISS- a well known designer name in the English speaking knitting community. Ain't he cute!? I have now started the body and I'm opting to finish it tonight. Because:.........
Friday is usually a good TV night. The last show of the evening as far as I'm conserned is this:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Hi, thanks so much for leaving a comment, I love finding new friends, especially clever ones who can knit (I am not a natural knitter) and Inspector Morse lovers - over here there is a new series of 'Lewis' starting tomorrow night - it's not the same, but it is very very good!

February 23, 2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lisbeth, it's Autumn. Taking 5 minutes to check up with you. Will have to read more of your blog when I get time. Just wanted to say hi! Autumn

March 02, 2008 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home