Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Monday, February 04, 2008

off sick for a while

I was at the doctor's last week due to long lasting pain in my teeth, jaw and headaches to go with it. This has been going on for so long now that I can't function at work without chewing pills constantly.
He took some blood tests and stuck a long thingy up my nose and into my sinuses,pinched me in the face, by the jaws with his fingers, sent a letter to the physiotherapist and concluded temporarily with it being tight muscles. That's what I thought he would. The pain is wandering around in my head. I was at the dentis's a while before Christmas, thinking he had to do something with a tooth, but he couldn't find anything. And even at that point I suspected it could be a headache that sort of took hold in my teeth...

So now I'm off work this week. Trying not to chew pills. Yesterday was good, except one bout of pain in the late afternoon. managed through that one without any pills. Today I just had to take some almost right away.. Try to lie down after breakfast so that i would go away, but to no avail.

We'll have to see how this goes as the week progresses. Havenæt heard a word from the physiotherapist yet..

This is something that is going to take me forever finishing.Thin alpacca wool. Scarf to go with my hat and gloves.















I made this one out of shere boredom the day after being at the doctor's. It's a little bowl ...for....whatever... I crocheted it. Material: Bast (raffia)














Yesterday was the first day of lent and Norwegians bring twigs in, decorate them with feather's (do NOT ask why. Feathers and twigs !?!?) and bake buns. The buns are usually filled with whipped cream (another completely crazy combination.. Cream and sweet buns!?!?)

We skipped the feathers on twigs now that the kids are too old to care that much. We baked buns however! (not too old for that evidently)














I also felt so good yesterday that i started another block on my Lizard Ridge blanket. This is the fifth block. This ball of yarn was not as colourful as the previous ones... Yo'll see my other ones if you go on to my November 07 postings.



















The fifth one finished, and the sixth one started today.. Doesn't look like the sixth is going to be that colourful either. Will let you see result as soon as it is finished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Strikkeglede said...

God bedring til deg! Mye flott i bloggen din:)

February 05, 2008 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dette teppet blir kjempeflott. Gleder meg til å følge fortsettelsen!

February 06, 2008 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home