Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Tuesday, February 19, 2008






I metioned last time that I had ordered yarn. Here it is. The colours are not that good on the photoes. My daughters' camera obviously doesn't do the yarn justice.



Here I am halfway on the first one.....








..and here the pair of socks are done. I definetly would knit more socks with this yarn.

As you knit, the pattern appear ! Magic!!!









I am also proud to announce that my last item of a stash of UFO (Unfinished Objects) is now done. I opted for finishing it before 2008, but that was too ambitious...obviously. But this is from some yarn I got really cheap due to discontinuing the colours. It is NOT a pretty thing, but warm without the bulkyness of heavy wool. (it's a blend) The yarn is a tweed yarn called Sisik. I intended to have it up at the cottage, so I bought it with me this weekend and finished it while we were up there.
We went in with Bills' snow mobile- which worked fine- but he will do some adjustments on the steering: not quite good enough. We were looking forward to sun and snow for skiing, and I did indeed ski halfway in to the cottage while the dog got a run, before Bill came and got us. It was late in the afternoon and minus 16 so I was glad he came. So was the dog, she kenpt lifting up one foot or the other- i think her paws got really cold..
Bill and I had to shovel in front of the outhouse in order to get to the toilet and get more firewood. It was hard work. Afterwards there was skiing on TV. We all enjoy the biathlon, my sister brought her knitting and my brother in law also came over and we all watched it. I must admit there was quite a bit of coffee and a little too much chocolate cake that weekend..
The next day was nothing but strong winds- not at all fun weather- and this continued all weekend. I skied over to my sister's for a great brunch but nobody really cared for the outdoors. I did however shovel quite a bit of the area where we usually sit outside along the one cottage wall. I managed to get one bench an d the table free of snow. Our plan is to go up there again Friday morning, and if the weather is good I'll continue the shovelling. It's been lots of wind and very mild weather so lot of the snow might have melted. *There sure was enough of it! They say it hasn't been this much snow since -93

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home