Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shovelling month!

They should change January's name to Shovelling Month. We have snow, snow, snow. Then it melts into ice, ice, ice... and then more snow...

Have barely been on the internet so far this month, too busy. Hardly had time for crafts either, besides I'm suffering from some kind of muscle tension that gives me headaches/toothaches. I will call the doctor's office tomorrow to get in and check this out. I had that cold at Christmas time also- the one that never culminated in the usual runny nose- and maybe I have some sinus problem after that... who knows.

Anyway: Today I have explored Ravelry for a while. I was invited in and haven't had much time to check it out.. Realized I would need Flikr so I've been working on that far too long today.

my next headache will be how to get a link to my Flikr account in the side bar of this blog (oh, God I cannot bear thinking of that now!Let me just update with a posting her, notify Hobbyboden- and be happy with that- or we'll never get to supper in this house!)









On the photo above you can see my wonderful crayons. The box containing neocolour I we've had and used for more that a year now. both the girls and myself enjoy using them. The NoecolourII - they are water soluble- i bought after Christmas- and they are marvellous too. If you like journalling of drawing/colouring you should run and get some! Expensive but GREAT! And then in the evening I sometimes take some magazines in my lap and cut some pictures that I put in a box for use in later collaging projects like cards or for journal pages










I am soon to embark on the weaving adventure. I was given a loom, table size with a stand to put on the floor- and hooked up with 4 other experienced weaving ladies in this communtity. They rent an apartment where they meet once every week. They were kind enough to take me in and they will help me learn. i am going to start with a table runner made of finely cut rags. Hence this:















Yes i know: I already have enough projects on the go! But isn't it a good thing to always learn something?!
Just so that you know I haven't abandoned my other projects: still working now and then on this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home