Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Father's Day


Efficiency above all! Made batter last night, baked cake while having breakfast this morning.. Put icing on after breakfast (and after this picture was taken) and now we had both Father's Day cake to bring up to B at the hospital and 3/4 to stick in the freezer for Christmas.
I'm just going to have to lower my ambitions about Christmas by the way. I am not going to be able to handle visiting B, walking the dog, taking care of laundry, helping the kids with homework, keeping the house in order(more or less..as always)and preparing for Christmas- all this after supper on regular work days...
Even though we made a list -the girls and I - so that we could share some of the chores it's absolutely necessary to make sure I don't get all stressed out.
I wake up stiff as a pole in my back every morning, and this week I go back to work. We'll see how that goes...

anyhow.. here are the collaged cards we made for hubby/daddy.
The youngest's card in the making;














The oldest's being created;
















my card:
















We also took the dog with us in the car, and had B come daownstairs to the entrance in a wheelcaihr so he could say hello to her for the first time in weeks.

Now it is time for a coffee, browsing a few blogs and later tonight I have to work on a certain Christmas present...I say no more...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, your card is hilarious.

i started to read your blog, i found it via google.. what a small world..

-melissa.

November 15, 2006 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home