Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Maybe I'll just get some knitting done!

yes; the photo on the previous posting was my daughter in front of Niagara Falls.
I hadn't mention that. Sorry!
This weekend I'm the only one staying at home in this family. My oldest is visiting her cousin,the hubby is at the cottage with friends fishing and my youngest is off to camp school tomorrow morning. Her and i have packed for the trip and I have hemmed four new pairs of pants that she got today. Not my favourite activity but it had to be done.
This means that I might have a few hours to myself tomorrow-before the hubby and my oldest arrives- that'll be weird: being in my house with no one else... not even the dog!(she's at the cottage too.)
Maybe I'll just get some knitting done!!! You would have never guessed that I would choose that, would you!?
Sooooo- what have I accomplished since last time i posted photoes of knitting projects?



These socks were supposed to be my March socks in the sock -along I signed up for in a fit of temporary insanity. I should have known better.


These are the second pair of woolen pants I started for my nephew this spring/summer. They are almost done in this picture- in reality I finished them last night- AND crocheted some extra protection for the knees to sew on if needed.



This is a hat and a scarf made of thick alpacca wool that I found on sale last year. I started some wrist warmers to go along with it, but I started doubting there was enough wool left over so I better undo that...


Am not sure how this little project is going to go, so I better just say it is an experiment for now..( since I was so cocky about the sock-along I mean...)



These are for sitting on outside in the cold autumn weather or in the snow in winter. They are knitted and felted and then I crocheted the edge around it. I did post a photo of them earlier but only blurred so that my sister wouldn't guess what it was. She got them for her birthday so I can show them now..

I do have a couple of more projects I started these past two weeks, but it's getting late and I should go to bed.
Will show them soon....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koselig blogg. Takk for titten! :)

September 16, 2006 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så utrolig flotte sitteunderlag!1 hvilket garn brukte du? er det en egenkomponert oppskrift? sånne må jeg bare lage.Mønstret på kurvene fikk jeg fra Elin Bentes blogg http://elinbente.blogspot.com/ under oppskrifter.

September 21, 2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home