Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

From drawings to needlepoint

This post have been saved as a draft for quite a few days now. Haven't been able to add photoes for some reason.
I think this may be the last post for a while, we are going to Canada for two weeks. We'll be back on the 16.th of August, the day before school starts in this community.


Dug these two UFO's out the other day, have finished one.. My oldest drew the dog when she was 6 or 7 years old, the other one my youngest made when she was 4.


While we were at the cottage a couple of weeks ago I casted on another pair of woolen pants for my youngest nephew. I am now on the first leg of it and thought it would be a good project for travelling by plane for hours!



I am using Gjestdal's yarn and pattern as you see here. (only the tights , mind you)


I have worked even litlle further than on this photo now..


And here is the precious nephew taking a break in the kitchen of my sister's cottage.




This is my stack of crocheted squares so far. Whenever I am sitting in the back yard in the sun I try to do one. It's getting close to 50 now, but I probably need about 100..


My oldest is working in a flower shop every now and then and is really into making flower baskets etc.. Here is one she made for us because we had just celebrated 16 years of marriage. The picture really isn't doing the basket justice, but it'll have to do..


At last -but not least- a photo of my dog laying in the sun in the back yard. She will be in a kennel while we are away. We feel bad, to tell you the truth. There will be no one to roll around on the floor with in the evening for her. No couch to sleep on. No goodies every now and then - and for no apparent reason.. All in all her vacation will be spent learning how to be a dog...!



ooops! She forced her way in on yet another photo; showing how utterly depressing the thought of no couch is!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! that's a lot of pictures Lisbeth :) Good to see you making all those crafty things, you have a very skillfull hands :) Nice to see a lot of pictures of you ;) Keep in touch girl :)

August 03, 2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Bim said...

Häftigt att brodera efter ungarnas teckningar. Något man kanske skulle ta och testa och ge till dem vid något tillfälle... ;). Undrar om de skulle gilla att få det, hahaha... Inflyttningspresent kanske? Hrm, bäst att snabba sig då kanske? Äldsta dottern står i bostadskö i Kiruna just nu... Hoppas det dröjer ett tag innan lägenheterna blir lediga. Jo, de tom öppnar upp gamla husen som tidigare hade stängts till, men ännu inte hade hunnits rivas... Jobb i massor där uppe, men boendet är det sämre med...
Må så gott... en Sjöbackabo på irrvägar ute på nätet... kramis, ngn som fick en liten ide... liten, ;)
http://sjoebacka.hotserv.dk

August 13, 2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home