Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Almost 30 degrees celsius


It's too warm today! my oldest daughter has had two days off her summer job (at a florist's) and we have headed down to a beach some 30 km from here. It's at a fresh water lake - and the water is too damn cold for anyone with a normal sensation in her skin- but kids go swimming all the time....and the odd viking of an adult..
We've spent all day Monday and today, Tuesday on this beach under some trees my daughters and I. Armed with a book (Salman Rushdie is the author I enjoy right now), my crochet and a cooler with drinks and some lunch I get in a real holiday mood.
I even brought my sketch book but I ended up pouring myself a cup of coffee in the middle of sketcing - and that was the end of that little activity for today...
I did take a couple of shots down there but I haven't downloaded them onto my comuter yeat, so I'll post some shots from my house instead (and a photo of myself- would you believe it...Not something I usually do)


The last photo is from the kitchen- the counter I usually spread my journalling and collage supplies on. That's the scary thing about having a big kitchen with a lot of counterspace: you end up making such a mess- and leaving it there for days on end..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home