Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer at its best

Every day we wake up to lovely, sunny and warm weather. it's the most wonderful feeling. You never know what kind of summer you'll get in Norway. We certainly learn to appreciate the sunny days.Here are some shots from my yard..





I am working on one more little thing these days: AI bought one of these things called "Strikkelise" in Norwegian, I think the technique is called french knitting in English. I'm use gold coloured yarn and it will be a necklace in the end. They say the big rave with this craft was last year and that now it is slowing down.. Who cares; I'm not always that quick at catching on to such things. Sometimes "everybody" try - and get to love- new techniques that pop up- like needle felting... Let me tell you; i tried it and found it to be Booooring. That is , I love the result people getwhen making something needle felted, but I get impatient while working on it, so I think I'll leave that kind of thing to others..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home