Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympic times. The knitting has begun. -AND mother's Day!


Can you believe all the knitters that signed up for this event! Who would have thought they would join by the thousands!
I am knitting a hat. It is a regular hat on the inside, on the outside it is supposed to get a beaded edge and then be a bit bulkier so that it doesn't look tight on your head. In other words, it's a double thingy. The beads knitted in is my little challenge. Never done that before.My long term plan is to knit a scarf and gloves to go with it.
Found baby wool at "Europris" for it on Friday.It is tought on may shoulders,I use small circular needles size 2 1/2.

On this Mother's Day I woke up by some muffled sounds in the kitchen. my youngest daughter was making coffee. A few minutes later she came into the bedroom with a tray. Coffee - just the way I like it- candle, slices of orange and a mother's Day card. (My oldest was at a sleepover and the hubbie is on a business trip.)The dog was trailing after her. it was only 7:30 in the morning, but it was the nicest way to wake up. I'm so lucky! Thank you, pumpkin!(Here she is at the computer)













I have more or less finished the woolen tights that will be stowed away till his November birthday comes along. What I did NOT noticed until now is that my toes are showing on the picture. Wow- the first glimpse of you get of me in this blog...!!













Regarding the sock-along "Sokker 2006" I will show you the first sock. Colours not right on this photo- but never mind- and it is by far the ugliest sock I've ever knitted. And I'm not talking about the "compose-it-as-you-go-along" pattern. nooooo, the stitches ar HORRIBLE. But my daughter thinks the socks will be cool- so there! But it's going to take an effort to finish the second one before this month is over! Knitting something foul really makes me lose the inspiration.










Have to show off something I have started at the same time as the Olympic knitting:
Granny squares in white and beige cotton yarn. Have wanted to start that for a long time.Figured out how many squares I can do out of one ball of each colour so that I can buy enough for the whole afgahn I'm planning on doing. It will be a nice long term project that I can bring along anywhere- and work on even in the back yard on a sunny summer day! All the loose ends are going to drive me crazy, so I fixed the ones on these squares after taking the photoes. better try and keep that up as I go along... (Bah!promises, promises)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så fine lappene ble! Skal det bli et stooort teppe eller en bitteliten pute tro? Hilsen Hilton

February 13, 2006 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Går det å bestille noen crazy sokker av deg? Ønsker meg noen i masse farger...
Mvh Syrran

February 13, 2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home