Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Will I be finished in time?


This is how far I've gotten on the Olympic knitting hat. I stumbled away with the beads. It's kinda acceptable.... Now I am at the widest part of the knitting and my right arm is not quite up to par .. I better be careful and take breaks if necessary.I just REALLY want to finish when I am supposed to...
I still have one more February sock to do , too! oh, well. I am on holiday for a week now so I should be able to perform miracles..(truth is I usually end up in an almost "vegetative" state once holiday starts. Must be neccesary, then.
The first photo is of the knitting the way it looks when I'm working on it. The next is when I have put the hat on a doll and put the inner part of the hat in its place. Hopefully it will look okay when it is finished.


I have made acouple of more granny squares since I posted last time, but now I am running out of yarn. In order to get more I have to go to the neighbouring town an hour away. They don't have that kind here..
Oh, by the way- someone reading my blog thought it a little presumptious of me to call my town a "town". Well, it may be a very small town but it acutally has status as a town -and that was decided years ago (and I had no say in the matter)- SO THERE!









Here is a picture of a pair of socks I knitted last year. I use them when I sit at night knitting or in the mornings on my days off work when I have lots of time and can spend an hour knitting and drinking coffee before I even start thinking about having breakfast!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home