Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lovely Sunday morning


I'm up before anyone else in this house today. The birds are busy, the sun is out and I'm having a quiet moment to myself. We spent all day yesterday outside in the sun or halfway in the shade.
First, Hubby and I went to shere the fleamarket was last Sunday. I had regretted all week that I hadn't picked up a teak coffee table I saw there and when I called the people in charge I was told the furniture was still outside and I could pick up anything I wanted. So off we went and the table was still there. Just the right size! Haven't made up my mind if I should paint it or not yet...
Most likely everything will be sort of "drawn" together if I paint this table and both side table - or just the side tables -white. My dining room table and hutch are also teak so this "new" table goes with that, unpainted. Have to live with it for a while and see. (and I hate painting, but love the result)








After the "post-fleamarket-find" I went to the grocery store, hoping there wouldn't be too many people there. This weekend is the Rjukan Rock Festival, you see, and my daughters went with their drama group to participate in the family event yesterday around noon.(and got good reviews my neighbour told me) I visited mom after shopping as I usually do on Saturdays.
When I came home, Hubby had cut the grass, ferilized it and was busy watering it while he had placed himself in the middle of the sun wiht a beer. I joined him and we spent the afternoon chatting and working on a somewhat sunburnt colour!
The only thing is I get kinda desperate from the sun after a while, so in the end I put on my bathing suit and ran through the sprinkler a few times! (Did I hear someone reminding me I'm 50? Let me add: our garden is now enclosed by tall green and dense hedges!)
The girls came home from town for a barbeque supper; chicken wings, corn on the cob and some potatoes called "Røsti potatoes", followed by ice cream; all enjoyed in the back yard where we have now moved the BBQ into the shade where the garden swing is placed.
Hubby and I moved up on the porch after supper and spent the evening there until midnight, only followed by a walk with Emma - our oldest came along, too.







We walked down to the pond/park where Emma likes dipping her belly (and as the water dog she is; that's how far she'll go in, would you believe it!)






On the one side of the pond is an alley old threes and a pavillion. Earlier in the day I drove by and saw the park filled with children who enjoyed the water (which is by the way FREEZING)




Emma was sad to see that her friend Keyla was not in her yard. They always play for a few minutes if she is there...
Even so, she was content coming home- and as usual she places herself smack in the middle of where we walk in and out of the porch door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home