Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A good weekend- and it is still not quite over













It's been a good Sunday with warm, sunny weather and we have enjoyed it at home for the most part.
Yesterday I had my birthday party with family and one friend from childhood.
So here's some of the stuff I brought home from the store on Friday afternoon.















And here's how it ended up being served on Saturday:
Buffet with chicken wings, baked pork sirloin,roast beef with avocado, onion, olives and feta cheese,a potato salad, a pasta salad, green salad, scramled eggs with smoked salmon/cured ham,cheeses with grapes and nuts.




















The dessert table: Merengue nests with berries and whipped cream or ice cream, brownies (from my sister's kitchen), carrotcake and the Norwegian "lefse".

















Here are some gifts and flowers I got:













Am looking forward to this one! A thousand splendid suns is the title in English.My good friend gave it to me (she is herself an avid reader), together with a big flower pot with flowers she has grown from seeds. They are not flowering yet- will take a photo once it starts! Her biggest hobby in the spring/summer is her garden (and it shows!)















Here's the other book a got, a GEM for any knitter. Will beon the couch/in the garden swing enjoying this again and again in the course of the summer!
My sister got me this together with a knitted item of course; she knitted this bowl and felted it.














My niece- who is graduating from hogh school this month painted this and gave it to me yesterday. I have bugged her for a painting for my fiftieth birthday since last year! I have to posess one from before she becomes famous, I always told her..







My aunt and uncle knows a man who manipulates photoes on his computer, mixes photoes and changes the context,(if that's a way to say it in English...?) and in that way makes a new expression in form of a picture. They gave me this one:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home