Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My painting niece


Today I'd like to show you a couple of paintings that my niece has painted. She's taking art in high school and she is really good! I haven't been very good at avoiding the flash from the camera when i took these photoes, but I'll show them anyway...


The first one is a garlic, the second is a torso..






















I have been reminding her- on numerous occations that I'm turning 50 next year and that I'd looove to get a painting as a gift.



















I'd also like to show you the boquet that my daughter made for us for our wedding anniversary this summer. She works at the local flower shop on Saturdays and during vacations. For this one she picked roses and som big leafy plants in our garden and when my husband and I came home late in the evening after dinner and movie she had put this on the table with a card. Wasn't that wonderfully thoughtful?

Today I have been so busy you wouldn't think it possible to cram that many activities into a Sunday that even started late.. (I had morning coffees until after ten before I started anything!)
I baked 40 rolls, I slow cooked a spaghetti sauce that I made from scratch. I painted in my youngest daughters bedroom ( it's a slow process, have had too many other things on the go lately, to be able to concentrate on it, but now we are getting somewhere...) and I cooked some more because my husband now works out of town and needs to bring a couple of suppers with him when he leaves here Monday or Tuesday morning... He has a microwave in his room where he sleeps over so that he can reheat his meals)
I still have two pairs of pants to hem for my friend's mother.. And I do not particularily enjoy that kind of sewing machine work, but it isn't a big job -so no reason to complain...
But first I have to visit a few blogs to see how their weekend has been like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sneakers said...

Hi

I couldn't figure out how to email you, but you can find the chunky sweater patterns (like the one with a Labrador dog on it) at Mary Maxim (www.marymaxim.ca). They sell the wool and the patterns.

You may have to call them as I don't see the Labrador on their webpage, but they do show a wolf sweater.

I have a horse head jacket sweater pattern from Mary Maxim from many years ago that I made for my daughter - she's been wearing it for 16 years now.

I'm sure that I've seen similar sweaters pictured in the yarn store, but I don't know the name of the pattern book offhand.

I hope this helps - or that someone else has more complete infomation on the sweater jackets for you.

Cheers!
Susan
sneakypony@yahoo.com

October 18, 2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home