Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween coming soon!

Pumpkin is bought (the best one I've found so far in this remote corner of Norway).
We will carve it tonight. That evening is a little busy for us, I have to attend two parent teacher interviews right after supper and my hubbie is going on a business trip the next morning so I guess he'll be packing.






I wanted to show off someone else's work today too: My dad's carved clock. I have it on the wall in my living room, isn't it georgeous? He has carved several other things for me too (I showed the pink mittens laying on my sewing box that he made on an earlier posting)






Have worked on my shawl as much as I could, it's hard to see the progress when you're at the most stitches per round; 200. But now I am decreasing again, so it will be more motivating to work on it when you can see the end of it...



I have also spent some time on the cross stiching for mum and dad for Christmas. Something I just realized I have forgotten to take a photo of is the market bag I knitted and felted for my sister's birthday. I had finished quite a while and gave it to her to bring to her house when she was in town last time. Well- her birthday is on the 10 of November- and she couldn't keep her hands off it, it's now opened (she 'fessed up!). I forgive her since it was a big success!



I am looking forward to Tuesday- that's our second time of the knitting cafe. I have dark, secret thoughts of starting up a bottle santa, but I better not show my knitting cafe friend, Marianne, she is very strict about me finishing my projects before starting anything new.(if she reads this I am bound to hear from her!!!)
And- as if that isn't enough plans, I died some white cotton fabric in tea today, thinking it would be for primitive stitching motifs, maybe hearts and snowmen for Christmas. But even I understand that time is scarce; i might have to start that project in January, aiming for having them ready for Christmas 2006!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home