Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday blogging is my habit now!

I should go to bed, but I feel bad if I haven't posted something on a Sunday!
Have finished something since last time. This part of my husband's sweater for one! Can't tell you how happy I am about that. Ages ago I started the sleeve, am halfway there... maybe I SHOULD opt for it getting done for Christmas after all!


Have finished the set of scarf and mittens to go with the pink hat from earlier posting..Washed and blocked it, too..

The first snow was on the ground when we woke up this morning! We had to celebrate by doing the winter-Sunday- morning-thing that we sometimes do: shuffle around in pj's while drinking coffee making a pancake, bacon and eggs, juice and toast breakfast.(Any Norwegian in their right minds would be shocked at such a meal in the morning. But what can we do... we lived in Canada- eh!)
I am working on the Christmas present for my parents- may their health be good when that holiday come around! (Right now we're worried. And it's not right, they're too young!) I was really frustrated about this needlepoint for a while, but I was ready to continue after the uplifting fact that I finished the sweater "body" ..

Wanted to put in two things that I have gotten from my two grandmothers years ago. I love old things that are full of memories! These to items are on the kitchen wall beside each other: my one grandmother bought me a clock for my kithcen when I got my own apartment back in the early 80's. Just had the motor replaced... The other thing is a plate my other grandmother used to have on her wall. For a while one of my aunts had it, but then she gave it to me.Good memories- and cream coloured items are perfect in my little kitchen!

1 Comments:

Blogger Haust said...

Kjempefint fat! *misunneleg*

October 24, 2005 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home