Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I have indeed cleaned the house today! Dusted and sneezed, vacuumed, swung the floor rag into every corner of the main floor, got the upstairs bathroom looking decent and smelling good. After all that and some putting away (not ot forget) I just stopped dead and had a shower. The upstairs vacuuming and downstairs toilet and shower just have to wait until another rainy day- most likely that'll be Monday!
Mom came over around 3:00 PM and we had a great salmon dinner and coffee and some knittin'time after.
I have taken Emma out for a walk in pouring rain- and of all days we walked for about an hour! She needed two big towels to get dried off when we came home!
The commune has made a new walkway along the river from the old church (built in the 1914!) Here you can see the tower of it through the trees.

This is the church from the other side:

Then we turned onto the walkway from the main road.

















This girl was happy to get out, despite the rain!

















Along the way they have made little places for sitting down - on sunnier days that is....













Then we approached the old suspension bridge that has been there since before I was born. I used to go there with my grandmother bringing stale bread to give to the ducks. I have taken my girls there too for the same reason when they were little.



















Someone has put up a little bird house there...

It must have been a good trip for my dog- she has now jumped up on the couch and fallen asleep after a dry piece of bread and some petting...
And me: I'm ready for some KNITTING!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Så koselig å se bilder fra Rjukan :) Ha en hyggelig StHans!

June 22, 2008 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home