Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Pinse" weekend

It's a long weekend now, Monday is off as well (pentecost). Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny and warm. I spent a good part of the day on our own porch or my mother's. I'm working eagerly on my crochet curtain these days. Have also seirously started reading "Love in the times of the Cholera". Had already read about a hundred pages, but my priority was the digital book I mentioned earlier, so reading was put on the back burner for a bit.
Here's how far I am on the curtain today:

The pattern doesn't show very well because my bedspread is the same colour more or less, but there are earlier posts on my blog showing that..
I figured I needed to repeat the pattern 11-12 times before it is finished and now I am at the sixth, so I'm only half way.
This morning I washed the floor on the upstairs balcony and got it ready for the summer. A lovely place to spend time with a book, a craft and the radio at hand!
I access it through the master bedroom. The weather has been fairly good today too although there were a few clouds and not quite as warm as yesterday, but I've been outdoors most of the day.



I do have a knitting project in my basket too, but it's been laying there unattended for a while, it's a neck warmer (definetely one that can wait till fall...)

Next Saturday is Norway's National Day which means I won't get any preparations done for my birthday party the following Saturday. I have already made a carrot cake out of these ingredients: It's in the freezer. I made a roast beef too, and cut it on my mother's slicer. I am also going to make a filet of pork with sundried tomatoes and cured around it but that has to be done the same day. Potato salat, waldorf salad, pasta salad, a cheese tray and other little dishes will be prepared the day before.. Tomorrow however I'm going to make little merengue nests (like mini pavlovas) to put whipped cream and a mix of berries in. When you make merengues, you're left wiht a lot of egg yolks that is excellent for making home made ice cream. I am also planning on gettin some more windows cleaned tomorrow.
Today I only spent a few minutes in the kitchen making supper; a wok with thinly sliced pork and lots of veggies. Yummie and healthy. Unfortunately the photo didn't do much justice to the colours! I'm still figuring my new camera out..

On Tuesday I'm going for an MR. Luckily the hubbie is coming with me. it's a two and a half hour drive to the hospital where they do it,and I might have to take pain pills; it is NOT a good idea to drive when you take them, so I'm really glad he is coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home