Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I can still say that, can't I -- even though it is the 26.th of December.
I admire everyone who found time for blogging during the last days before Christmas! Personally I had my hands full with some baking, helping Mom, working full time, and at night knitting ans sewing to finish the presents!
a
Anywhooooo- I have soooo many photoes tp show off now! All good things will come to those who wait, you know. And today I woke up (too) early and decided to make up for all the days of no blogging:My daughters baking gingerbread cookies:

We have thought of the birds this year,too. Here they are making all kinds of birdfood. We were hoping to attract birds of all kinds. We know for a fact that the squirrel is a sure guest!!


It is a tradition for us to go to the local tree farmer the weekend before Christmas to pick out our tree, bring it home and decorate. That is an evening almost as sacred as Christmas Eve for us.(Christmas Eve is the main Christmas celebration day for us in Norway.) The Christmas CD comes on, some cookies come out and we all collaborate to make the living room as christmassy as possible. This year we went for the blue and silver, but my husband insisted we still put on our Norwegian flags as well as his Canadian flags that he made himself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home