Needles(s) to say..

My photoes and thoughts on crafts, plus a little more of this-n-that. I like knitting, crocheting and needlepoint the best myself.Nice if you leave a comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rjukan, Telemark, Norway

I am 55, have two girls aged 18and 21.I am Norwegian and my husband is Canadian and we lived in Ontario,Canada for 8 years.For the last 15years we have lived in my hometown in Norway.I am a teacher and I work full time. We have a dog, Emma. She is a brown labrador. Our town is spectacular; situated in a deep valley right by a high mountain.

free web counter
free web counter

Monday, December 26, 2005

Decorating is a fun hobby!








And decorating for Christmas is an event that is even more fun- because it only happens once a year. I love doing it. (And when the New Year is here- I am more than ready to clear it all and reclaim my living room!)
One of the things we do is get some fir tree branches to put on the fireplace together with dried slices of oranges. I also bought two new baubles for my silver tray...My redwork tablerunner comes out (my grandmother made it for me years ago- and I just love it so much!)I buy one of the traditional plants you'll find in every home at this time of year (can't stand them when Christmas is over- but right now I love having one..)The kids have made santas out of little clay flower pots at school, and I have made a salt dough santa and a fabric wreath years ago- it all comes out as it should!
I bought two silver baubles for the window too this year. (Yes I know the band for the birds is upside down outside - never you mind!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home